Monday, August 27, 2018

Book Review: I Went to Mass- What did I see?

I was recently sent a book to review that quite frankly, couldn't have come at a better time:  I Went to Mass- What did I see? by Katie Warner and illustrated by Meg Whalen.

There will be a later blogpost about why it couldn't have come at a better time.  For right now, I'd like to focus on sharing about the book.  It's a solid hardcover book and is written simply and  has elegant, relevant pictures.  It's not too advanced in vocabulary, so I think it's good for the pre-school to kindergarten age group.  I like that it does not use too many words, but one can see through the pictures what is being communicated.  Such as, " I went to Mass.  What did I see?" and then the next sentence simply explains the Mass as if on a timeline for little ones.

It has rhythm and rhyme and was written with the obvious intent to share the joy of Mass with the young.  I think this book will be a great "beginner" book to introduce little ones to Mass that does not distract the adults, but allows them to share the beauty of the Mass in simple terms with the young ones in their family.

It was a pleasure to receive this book and my son enjoys taking it with him to Mass.



 





“I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.”

No comments:

Post a Comment