Friday, July 8, 2016

Garden Update


This is going to be a fairly brief post as we've been busy, busy, busy with travel.  With a journey to Atlanta for my in-laws and then another one to Michigan next week, we are either in the process of packing or unpacking at any given time.  Thankfully, I have an awesome garden partner who apparently isn't taking much vacation this summer.  I'm also on my way to the DMV next for a much unwanted wait in line.  Aah, government bureaucracy....

I took some pictures of our awesome jalapeño plants that are already producing ample jalapeños.  This is the first time I have grown them and they are awesome, either in a homemade salsa or in eggs for breakfast.

Our potatoes look like they might be petering out, so I think we are going to pull them and eat them before they all die and maybe try to do another round.  I'm looking forward to the tomatoes and tomatillos and am disappointed that all of my cilantro has perished in this heat, but I can't blame it.  It has been hot!  My garden buddy actually said she thinks our tomatoes are getting too much nitrogen from the thunderstorms, they are practically bionic : )

Enjoy the pictures and I will take a picture when I can make fresh salsa from garden-grown tomatoes, tomatillos, jalapeños (sadly not garlic and cilantro as planned).  Better luck next year with those, or maybe they just don't do well around here in July...

Our First Crop of Jalapeños

No comments:

Post a Comment