Thursday, February 11, 2016

Some Things I'm Loving This Week

1)  My husband for staying up late with me making Valentines for my kid's class.  I bought Valentines to make at a local craft store in an effort to save money.  The package said, "Takes 15 minutes".  I didn't think that meant 15 minutes per Valentine.  We made 24....

2) Superbowl party with an old classmate.  It's nice to remember where you came from and to have someone tell you, "you realize we're the old school vets now, don't you?".  She said it in all honesty and as a compliment.  As we talked about friends who come and go, my friend and I said, "once you've stayed up over 24 hours for 2 weeks delivering lambs in the middle of the night, that's not a convenience friendship, it's a strong friendship."

3) Raclette.  One of my friends who is actually from Switzerland introduced me to the wonders of the Raclette and Raclette cheese.  Perfect for a Superbowl party.

4) My bank's fraud alert system.  There's nothing that makes your heart go pitter patter like waking up to a text message asking if you bought $500 worth of electronics online.  While it didn't start my morning out right, there was a part of me consoled to know it was discovered right away and I won't have to pay for it.

5) Herbal sinus therapy.  While I haven't completely bought into Traditional Chinese Medicine, my acupuncturist conjured up some mix of something and shoved it deep into my sinuses.  While it was not comfortable, I think I slept that night with clear airway passages I haven't had in a long time.

6) My son's new appreciation of birthdays.  Tonight he said, "Can I have a milkshake for my birthday?"  Earlier this week, we were shopping and he saw a soccer net.  He asked my husband, "May I have a soccer net for my birthday?  Can you say yes?"  At least he's polite about it.  His birthday list is growing long and it's still a couple of months away.  I'm going to be reluctant to see what his Christmas list is next year...

No comments:

Post a Comment