Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Theology of The Home 1 and 2 and Daily Planner




I love the Theology of the Home, Book 1 and 2, that I received, as well as the daily planner.  Theology of the Home, Book 1 is a great "coffee table book" with wonderful pictures and wonderful messages about establishing and growing theology in your home.  Book 2 was more about Catholic feminism and the feminine genius.  I loved how it had examples of women who are at different phases in their life and have different roles in motherhood.  Whether it be a stay at home mom, a part-time or full-time work outside the home mom, an empty nester mom or a single layperson, it seemed to have a little something for everyone.

With beautiful images that could match trendy magazines, this book is great for Catholic women.  While it is visually appealing, it discusses placing importance on God first, and the household will follow.  With various vignettes and short chapters, this book can be read a little at a time.  You don't need a great chunk of time to get a little out of it each day.  This book is a mix of Catholic feminism (definitely different from secular feminism), theology and artistry (great images worthy of any coffee table).

There are lots of great quotes in this book.  One of them that I thought was representative was, "The modern response to this story of dissatisfaction has been that we’ve valued home too much and at too great an expense.  What this diagnosis fails to see is that when home feels like a prison, it’s not because we’ve given it too much importance but because we’ve given it far too little.”

This was a great book and I am actually reluctant to loan it to others because I want to keep it for myself...  I have given additional copies as a gift, and I think it would be great for a new mom or new wife.  I gave it to my Mom and it almost brought me to tears because I see how in living her motherhood, she helped instill in me greater Catholic values than I had realized.





“I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.”

No comments:

Post a Comment