Friday, August 20, 2021

A Catholic Womans Guide To Relationships

I am putting together a care package for a friend and was torn on whether or not to send "A Catholic Woman's Guide To Relationships" that I had received.  Written by Rose Sweet, this compact book has just been a great companion, and I don't want to give it away!  

Most likely I will end up buying my own copy, because the virtue of charity and letting it be shared is greater than my possessiveness.  This book is easy to read, has great tips and is the nice size to fit into a purse.  I often took it with me to Mass to read prior to the service.  I used the humility prayer as a bookmark and those two forces together were helpful in my spiritual growth.

Rose Sweet writes with wisdom, humor and humility.  She uses personal stories to illustrate points.

There is a table of contents, but I would say the book is not a reference book, it's best to be read in order.  It is composed of 6 parts which are rather sequential.  Nevertheless, I could probably use another go around on the "listening" section.

Standing at the Door- entering the interior world, exploring the mystery and following the master
Listening- learning to listen, hearing with the heart, listening in silence
Leading- understanding your role, using your gifts, letting them fall
Loving- being a gift, adjusting your expectations, respecting their freedom
Letting Go- facing your fears, releasing control, learning to trust
Sitting at the Fire- releasing shame, seeking forgiveness, letting God lead

I thoroughly enjoyed this book and look forward to buying another copy to read again.

“I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.”

No comments:

Post a Comment