Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Catholic At Home- A Review

I had the pleasure of viewing a new premium video series called Catholic At Home.

It is a series of fairly short (around 5 minutes) reflections, catechesis and information on,  "How God is calling us to Holiness through our families."  For a busy, active family, I think going through this series one day at a time is very doable.

It is professionally produced and has great images to illustrate points and short vignettes.  One of the best explanations I've heard of the Trinity in a while was distilled down to a very understandable level.

Parts of the series talk about how to pray, how to read sacred scriptures as a family.

Initially it seemed the presenter spoke very slow and deliberate.  I got used to it though, and realized in the cadence it gave me time to absorb and meditate.  Sometimes I think I need a change of pace to just not tone out the message, so this was initially a turn-off, but I
grew to appreciate the cadence the further I got into the material.

I enjoyed how this program was a mix of catechesis and practical applications such as how you can and should live a liturgical life at home as well as forgiveness in a family.  I look forward to viewing more of their material in the future.

I think overall this was a good series, and a great way to have many "mini-retreats" in this stay-at-home time.  It is a 21 day series and the price of $24.95 is fairly reasonable for the professional and well-done material.  This might also be a good gift idea for someone (a good idea for a small amount of date time for parents to watch together, or include in the gift giving time for someone to disappear with a cup of coffee for 5 minutes)

No comments:

Post a Comment