Friday, August 5, 2022

I can't believe it's August...

 I was just talking to a client the other day, and I can't believe it's August!  (Cue reminder to give my pets their monthly heartworm and flea and tick preventative, I somehow always remember it when I'm telling others to do it and it escapes my memory when I return home).  I could do a whole other post on fleas and ticks (maybe next week).

Somehow though, the Lazy Days of Summer seem to be my crunch time.  Time to try to get those school projects started, time to realize all the things I had put off until summer need to get done.  Trying to develop systems so that when September comes it doesn't hit us like a gong.  Compounding those things is the realization that an overseas trip that I was supposed to go on two years ago and kept being pushed back is actually going to happen.  Excitement, anxiety, yep, sounds like. a new school year.

It's easy to get anxious, but I will focus on some blessings.  After 42 years of life, I have actually found some systems that keep me on track.  I have a husband who can help keep me on track and I have a kid who can smile and give me a hug even on days when I completely go off track.  I also have the blessing that my son's school has school supplies included within tuition.  I think I was bummed about this his kindergarten year because I didn't really get to do "Back To School" shopping for him.  It also helps that he wears a uniform, so I'm free of a whole mental load I appreciate others have to deal with.

We haven't gone to the pool as much as we were hoping to and we haven't gotten to go on our annual camping trip (a combination of a wrench thrown into my husbands work schedule and some bad weather).  We have had a lot of fun experiences, and the feeling like just maybe things are returning to normal.

I hope the start of your August has been good and please share any tips you have for having a calm and peaceful start to the academic year.  We can't control peace in our World (though we can pray for it), but we can set the tone for Peace in our home.

No comments:

Post a Comment