Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Thankful

As Thanksgiving is nearly here, I have found more and more things to be thankful for lately.
A good friend sent us a gift card to a local "good foods" delivery that had fresh, natural already prepared foods arrive at our house so even though I was still recovering from surgery and going back to work, I didn't have to worry about making dinner.

I met another friend at a local women's retreat who seemed to know exactly the right words to say to make me feel loved, prayed for and encouraged.

My car has 146,000 miles on it and we found out on Saturday it wasn't going to make it for our Thanksgiving trip and they weren't going to be able to repair it in time.  Thankfully the dealership gave us a loaner car that was a 2016 model with all the features. (No charge ; )  Good marketing plan for them and made a bad situation actually pretty good.

My son is continuing to entertain everyone with the things he says and does and was a perfect angel on the car-ride down to my In-laws for Thanksgiving.  I'm not proud of it, but I actually behaved crankier than him in a hypoglycemic-traffic jam moment.  Then it was entertaining because in the midst of a horrible traffic jam, the car in front of us was rocking out like a New Years party.  It was the entertaining interlude I needed.  Also, just as I was about to go crazy listening to the Florida State chant for the 50th time, I remembered the book on tape I had downloaded for my son.  It took the whole family's mind off of traffic and longing for dinner.


So overall, even though it's not Thanksgiving yet, I'm very grateful for my family and friends and all the little things in life.  I really do believe God can bring good out of bad and at the very least, bring good out of annoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment