Friday, February 1, 2019

Escape Plan

Even before all this winter weather came to pretty much the whole country, my son was thinking about Florida.

Picture by Author- Do not use without permission
My husband initially heard trickles, and then the whole story.  My son with his fellow kindergarteners (about 5 or 6 of his classmates) planned to meet up for lunch, go to the airport (he was even specific with the name of the airport)) and get on a plane and go to Florida.

Not a bad idea.  The level of detail they had planned for 5 year olds was pretty impressive.  My husband and I may be in trouble as my son gets older...

Fortunately, I was able to tell him that he isn't allowed to ride with his friend's older brother and Florida is just more fun with your family.  These words seemed to be enough for him at the time.

It occurs to me though, that maybe we should all have an escape plan.  Maybe not one that we ever intend on doing, but a fun dream to have with family and friends certainly can help make the grey days of winter much more enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment