Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Toddler Cuteness

Every evening we say prayers together as a family.  We end the prayers with what we are thankful for.  It is very entertaining to hear what a 2 year old is thankful for.  The other day he said, "thank you Jesus for castles, American flags, big houses" and paused and said, "cannons and fireworks."   At the end of prayers the other day, he blurted out, "in the name of the father, the son and the holy beer".  At least it initially sounded like Holy Beer.  Then he said Holy Spirit.  Maybe he knows beer is a type of spirit?  Just kidding.

Sunday morning, after I had gone for a run, I came back to the house and my son and hubby were going through pictures from when I was pregnant, my husband commented on how our family room used to be a lot less cluttered, even the day before we had our son.  It was an interesting observation.   A little bit later, as I was making biscuits in the kitchen (great and easy recipe at: http://www.abeautifulmess.com/2015/07/buttermilk-biscuit-breakfast-sandwiches.html), my son started trying to lift my shorts, even my undergarments, I could not figure out what he was doing or what he was gibbering, confused, I ask my husband and he comes in.  "Oh," he said, "we were just talking about how he came out of mommy's belly and he is saying he wants to get back into mommy's belly."  Apparently he is quite literal!

In a future post, you will hear about how I sometimes do a rodeo routine at work.  One of my classmates/colleagues remarked when I was doing work at the sheep barn that I should have been a quarterback because I was great at tackling sheep and catching them.  I told her it had more to do with my impatience than my athletic ability.  Apparently my son is following right behind me in the rodeo circuit.  The other morning my husband caught him siding up to our dog and saying, "want to ride doggy".  He swung his arms over as if he was about to mount up but Daddy intervened before any damage could be done to either one.  The dog apparently has forgiven him because his little cowboy still likes to leave banana bread and other crumbs as consolation for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment