Tuesday, January 2, 2018

A New Year

Happy New Year!

I think my “theme” because I don’t really like the term “resolution” for this year is going to be “Let It Go”.  I don’t really like the term “resolution” because that sounds like “resolved” and makes me feel guilty when I stumble.  I like the word “theme” something to focus on and come back to- a journey.

Whenever I get stuck ruminating on a slight or perceived slight from someone, my husband is known to sing the song “Let It Go” from “Frozen”.  When I realize I’m getting into the pattern of dwelling on something- whether it be a crazy or mean client, something that didn’t go right with a case, or the tricky emotions of humanity, I just think of my hubby singing this song.  It always brings a smile to my face and brings me some perspective.

Not only does “Let It Go” apply to my goal of letting go of emotional baggage, I want it to apply to all the clutter and physical “stuff” that I hold onto.  The things that I don’t use, that don’t bring me joy or have worked hard and enjoyed but it is time to give away and “Bless” someone else who needs it more.

Too bad my husband won’t let me post audio of him singing “Let It Go”...  Hope you and your family had a Happy New Year and you’re off to a great start- resolutions or not...

No comments:

Post a Comment