Friday, October 20, 2017

Going Home

I went "home" to my alma mater for my ten year vet school reunion.  Somethings change and some things never will.  As we travelled through the school and clinic, the memories came back.  Some traumatic, but most of this have been blocked.  Mostly memories of hard work and remembering feeling that our time in school would never end.  Here I am, ten years out, I don't know how much wiser, with a lot of experiences since then and a lot of loss of the academic memory.

They talked about changing the curriculum to have future veterinarians "full wellness" in mind.  Not 8 straight hours of class with only bathroom breaks.  Good for the future students!

Our tour guide was actually a professor who started teaching in the 60's.  Needless to say, he's old.  I confessed to a classmate that I periodically have scanned the obit pages for his name.  That professor has not a changed a bit since 2007.

I'm hopeful for the future of my alma mater.  Sometimes going home can remind you of all the new frontiers.

No comments:

Post a Comment