Saturday, March 14, 2020

New series of posts...

Once a week,  I'm going to do "flashbacks" to some writing I had done when I was in veterinary school.  Some of the stories I've totally forgotten, some of the names I've forgotten, but there are a couple of them that still crack me up.

I'm happy that my son has an appreciation of "history".  He is enthralled with any biography he can get his hands on and he loves visiting places that have historical significance.  My husband and I have been successful at making him a nerd, just like us.

Whether it's the history of the world, the history of our country or the history of our family, my son wants to know.  I know this is a magical time when his curiosity is limitless.  He already has a strong dislike for homework (I remember I did too, it's tough when homework seems like busy work and is too easy for him).  I've compromised with him that I won't make him review his spelling words with me as long as he continues to ace his tests.  Trying to get him to sit down and do his mathwork is about as hard as getting him to brush his teeth.  It must be done though.

I'm happy that he has a profound interest in history though.  One of his favorite questions at dinner time is, "Can we please listen to American Catholic History?"  It's a great podcast that we've found that talks about less well-known people
and events in American Catholic history.  He loves stories.  Hopefully one day, he will love all the stories that I write on this blog and that will preserve his memory.  Now... if only I could make his math homework a story....

No comments:

Post a Comment