Friday, March 27, 2020

Vet School Series- News From The North Woods

Well, all, I miss you very much for a multitude of reasons.  Here is some news from the North Woods... Read on if you would like ( it may be entertaining).

I hope to be able to attend First Friday!  I'm having a great time.  Ask Siobhan about the adventures of, "It's a Gurl Vet".  Cow tipping has become a frequent pastime of mine (only for medical purposes, of course).  Along with keeping my hands warm inside a cow and acquiring new freckles and what is to be the next line of facial treatment, "beauty a-la-guano".  I am contemplating writing my adventures up as "Meg Herriot".  No cell phone coverage here; learning to simplify; ironically, when I am on farm calls in Timbuktu, aka Leroy, Falmouth, McBain, Vogel Center, Manton and Lake City (some of these towns have stop signs!) and I have coverage, so if you try to all, you may catch me just as I am delivering kids (goat babies), calves, foals, doing a surgery and other details good company would not want to know about).  The people are all really nice.  There are a couple of characters.   I learned from one of them that hot dogs are a great idea for asking a girl for a first date.  Oh, and how can I forget my experience with an Amish farmer that left my head scratching.  We went out to to examine a cow at an Amish farm and the wife shouted, "Beware!  That's an electric fence!"

The other night, I heard some rustling outside of my window and the dogs barking.  The next morning a 45 pound bird feeder on a steel pole had been broken by a bear; who happened to run right outside my window.  (This was a confirmed bear, no matter how much I protested, "couldn't it have been a raccoon?).  At least all he chose to do was to snack on some bird seed.  Hope I didn't bore you too much, I miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment